Sunday, April 17, 2016

These Bandits Stole our Pasta

One of the things our hostess told us yesterday when she was showing us around our new place was that we should be careful with leaving food out in the kitchen as there are monkeys around that might come in and grab stuff. So, immediately, I took my chocolate bars and Pringles and put them in the fridge, knowing that they couldn't get in there. And we were pretty careful making sure that bread, butter and other foods were locked up.

Well, it turns out we didn't put everything away. I was woken up this morning by a pack of monkeys 'invading' our kitchen. At the break of dawn, these guys came jumping onto our balcony and down the steps to the kitchen as quickly as a gale of wind.

They took a sealed bag of dry spaghetti and quickly jumped out the window and onto the trees- then they carefully tore it open and parceled out the goodies. I know we have coyotes and deer by our condo in Toronto- it's just hard to imagine a pack of monkeys in a city the population of 11 million!

3 comments:

  1. I met their cousins in South Africa and had a similar confrontation. What we learn when we travel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan and Cathy! Your trip sounds amazing, and your pictures are fantastic! Keep the stories coming so we can live vicariously through you. Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally getting to your blog...sorry it's taken me so long...been busy with the house build and changes at work...looks like your trip has been amazing so far and I will make sure I follow on a regular basis to give me some ideas for my one day dream retirement!

    ReplyDelete