Saturday, February 20, 2016

Climbing the Andes in Chile

She did it again! What is it with Cathy and her friggin mountains? 

This time it was climbing the base of the Andes outside Santiago to Glacier San Francisco, a 16 km trek. Now 16 km might not sound a lot but it is the equivalent of trekking from Jane Street to Yonge Street downtown- and back. And its 'up'- the equivalent of climbing 4 CN towers on rock. 

This is Cathy enjoying herself on the climb. She's having a ball:

This is a picture of me after I've talked to God, promising anything- even going back to Rogers* to work- if he'd get me off this mountaintop safe and sound. 

You may think this is beautiful, what is there not to like? Let me tell you. You see those little dots in this picture? 

Well, this was the start of our climb and those little dots are actually 40 foot tractor-trailer haulers. We climbed up from there for over 3 hours and then down again. 
What this has convinced me is that I must take control of the world trip. Stick to the basics, like spas and saunas and ocean fronts. Nothing over 2 story accommodations. 
Above all, stay away from friggin mountains! 

*Just kidding about Rogers- loved it there!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I could so picture muyself there. Cathy you're a gal right next to my heart.

    ReplyDelete